Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Not Hungry, I'm Numb

I can’t believe I have done it but I went a full day without eating. Not something I ever thought I would do unless sick, but I did it. It’s weird because I don’t feel hungry I feel numb and my sense of smell is crazy. I walked out of the gym last night and I smelled bacon like I have never smelled it before. It was gloriously intense.

This fasting business is rally going to help me to appreciate food, as if I didn’t before. But it is a different appreciation, it's an enhanced sensual experience of it. I’m on day two and I almost cracked this morning. How sad is this one – I was heading to my office and I noticed a cookie crushed on the street. My thought, “that cookie looks good”, maybe I am hungrier then I thought. But then imagine how great a cookie will taste when the fast is broken – trust me I can imagine it.

No comments: