Thursday, December 10, 2009

#1 - Accidental Art


It’s the end of the year and we all know that means one thing – Top Ten Lists.

In 2009, so far, I have taken 9,786 photos and as hard as it was to do I narrowed it down to my Top 10.

And they are:
#1 – Accidental Art

The truth is I don’t know why I love the photos I chose for the top ten.
The captions are half assed attempts to identify in words my reaction to them. I like them. The pictures touch me for any number of reasons. I’ve tried to share what the reason could be and yet the truth is I don’t know. Why do we like anything? What makes us react to an image? Your guess is as good as mine, no matter what the art critics say. I react to visuals very strongly and I’m blessed to have a great visual vocabulary (if only my verbal vocabulary was half as good). But what made this image number 1? This white flower captured in the gardens of the Cloisters its romantic, pretty, elegant, organic, abstract and precious. This picture stands out for me from all the others because it is perfectly not perfect.

No comments: