Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting Juiced

I am juice fasting today, something I have never done, but my friend Chantel convinced me to try it and with holiday food on the horizon I thought a pre-Christmas fast would be a good idea.

By “good” I don’t mean I’m exited or thrilled to be trying this, I mean…I eat everything in site when I am at my Mother’s (her cooking is that good) and I’m only there two times a year so in my mind that allows for guilt free indulging.

To prep for this annual gastronomic celebration I thought I would cleanse, detox, fast – whatever the currant buzz word is around this process.

I said I would take it one day at a time (the goal is ten days - which I can even comprehend at the moment). So here I am with my juice thinking this could be it for ten days, even typing that makes me hungry.

Today I've had a juice made of kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, parsley, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon and ginger for breakfast – this made my face feel tingly (or maybe that is a symptom of hunger). My lunch juice was strawberries, blueberries, orange juice and banana (that one at least stopped the grumbling sound my stomach kept making).

I am not a picky eater, I will try anything but I usually like to have my kale in a whole form and with sushi this liquid version of eating I can’t believe people do this often.

I'll see how long I hold out. I should not envision my Mom's cookies for motivation right?

No comments: